Children in Care and Previously Looked after Children
For our CIC and previously LAC children we try to raise their educational attainment and close the gap between them and their peers. This includes effective and appropriate use of the pupil premium plus. This is done by:
- Ensure that they make at least expected levels of progress and try to accelerate this progress to ensure that each young person achieves their full potential.
- Ensure that they have an up to date effective termly Personal Education Plan (PEP) that tracks their progress and provides the support required to enable them to reach their academic targets.
- Improve their overall attendance and reduce rates of persistent absence.
- Reduce the number of exclusions, both fixed term and permanent, and to ensure that those young people who are excluded receive at least their statutory entitlement to support and re-integration during this period.
- Ensure that each young person is attending the school that is most appropriate to meeting their needs.
- Minimise, and where possible, remove social, emotional, behavioural and attachment factors that may prove to be barriers to accessing the curriculum.
- Improve continued participation in education, employment and training opportunities for care leavers.
- Promote equality of opportunity.
- Ensure that their views are fully considered in decision-making and inform developments in relation to service provision and delivery.
Our CIC policy can be viewed here: CIC policy
Visit Halton Virtual School here: Halton Virtual School
We have a Designated Teacher for CIC and designated LAC, which is Mrs Rebecca Ruddock. We have a Designated Governor for CIC and designated LAC, which is Mr Bryan Jones. The role of the DT is shown below.