Branded uniform is exclusively available from Touchline:
Touchline, Liverpool Road, Warrington, WA5 1AE. 01925 413777
Please note: This is a new address for Touchline
|Navy Blazer with school crest||Navy Blazer with school crest
|Plain White Shirt (Blazer must be worn at all times)||Plain White Shirt (Blazer must be worn at all times)
|Navy and Grey Sandymoor Tartan Skirt||Charcoal Grey Trousers
|Navy or Grey Socks or Tights||Navy or Grey Socks
|Sandymoor Branded Tie|
|Sandymoor Branded Tie
|Plain Black Smart Business Style Shoes|
|Plain Black Smart Business Style Shoes
|Note regarding footwear: no casual shoes, trainers, boots, excessive heels, or colour stitching (see additional footwear info)
|A Black, Navy or Grey school bag for equipment||A Black, Navy or Grey school bag for equipment
|Navy Religious or medical head coverings|
|Navy Religious or medical head coverings
|Navy Hair Accessories|
|Navy Hair Accessories
|Trans or gender questioning students have the right to dress in a manner consistent with their gender identity or gender expression. Students who have Religious or faith-based reasons may also choose this option.
|Sandymoor Round Neck T-Shirt (compulsory)||Sandymoor Round Neck T-Shirt (compulsory)
|Sandymoor Skort or shorts (compulsory)|
|Sandymoor Shorts (compulsory)
|PE Leggings or Tracksuit Pants (optional but recommended for outdoor lessons in winter)|
|Tracksuit Pants (optional but recommended for outdoor lesson in winter)
|Full or Qtr Zip Training Top (optional but recommended for outdoor lessons in winter)|
|Full or Qtr Zip Training Top (optional but recommended for outdoor lessons in winter)
|Navy Sports Socks|
|Navy Sports Socks
|Trainers (non-marking soles)|
|Trainers (non-marking soles)
Uniform expectations and presentation standards also include:
- Jewellery is not permitted other than one pair of stud earrings for the ears. Other items of jewellery will be confiscated. Earrings must be taken out for PE lessons, and it is the students’ responsibility to keep them safe.
- No make-up will be accepted other than a small amount of concealer/natural thin foundation to hide blemishes. Eye/eyebrow make up is strictly forbidden, therefore students will be given a make-up wipe to remove it if necessary.
- No extreme hairstyles (shaved head, patterns, tramlines) or hair colours are permitted.
- No nail varnish or artificial nails.
- Top buttons on shirts to be fastened and worn with a tie of suitable length with school badge on view.
- Discrete religious jewellery is permitted, as long as it does not pose a risk to self or others.
- Coats – students are not permitted to wear expensive branded coats in an attempt to prevent poverty shaming. Students must not wear coats inside the school building.
- Hoodies, jumpers and cardigans are not permitted and will be confiscated if seen.
All students must adhere to all uniform and presentation standards. Students who are not in the correct uniform may be asked to work in isolation until uniform or presentation is corrected.
Sandymoor Ormiston Academy Acceptable Shoes Guidance
At Sandymoor Ormiston Academy we appreciate that shoes can be an expensive item for parents to buy and we are therefore keen to ensure the correct version is purchased.
Trainer type shoes are not permitted, neither are flat pumps, canvas style footwear, trainers or mules.
There should be no added ‘bling’ in the form of glittery stones, bows, studs or coloured laces. Shoes should be sensible, business-like as plain black leather look/style with a minimal heel. If your child requires specialised shoes due to their needs, please contact your child’s Head of Year before you purchase.
These pictures below are a guide to what is and is not allowed.
It is not possible to provide a complete list so if in doubt please do not hesitate to contact your child’s Head of Year before you purchase your shoes.